Connecting a generic USB headset to Desktop
- Connect the headset to your computer, using your USB port, make sure the necessary installation takes place (this may vary from headset to headset).
- Go to sound settings a make sure the computer has found and recognised the connected headset.
- Start up Desktop.
- Once started and logged in, go to “File” and then “Settings”. Choose the “Sound” tab, and once there choose the connected headset under the “Microphone” and “Speaker” options.
- Put level of both a bit above half way (this can be changed later according to your personal preference).
- Click “Apply” and then “OK”.
Your headset is now the active sound device for all your Desktop calls.